Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Ellen: Fact or Fiction?

At first I was just going to post about interesting Ellens around the world, until I remembered there are some excellent Ellens in books and movies, too.

It wasn't until years after I first saw "Alien" that I discovered Ripley's first name was Ellen. Now that was cool having such a kick-ass hero with my name.

There are tons of links discussing Ripley, but the most interesting thing I found was this book: Alien Woman: The Making of Lt. Ellen Ripley. Looks like a good read.

It's no coincidence that as a young girl, I loved Beverly Cleary's Ellen Tebbits. Aside from the obvious, I actually had nothing in common with the character, although I do love a slice of Tillamook cheddar now and then. Hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home